Car Leasing With Insurance

Here at Car leasing Ltd, we are able to offer many contracts on a fully maintained car leasing contract including insurance. This is available for personal car leasing with insurance and business car leasing with insurance. Please contact us for a personalised quote for your next lease car to include insurance.

Who has insured my vehicle?

The vehicle is insured by Greenval for third party liability cover. Greenval Insurance Company Limited is an insurance company, owned by BNP Paribas, who specialise in fleet motor insurance.

Who is allowed to drive my vehicle?

Any employee of your company and their spouse/partner. There are restrictions and exclusions which apply, for example, in relation to age, driver history (including medical) and use of the vehicle.

What is Own Damage Protection?

The insurance company will be responsible for repairing any damage to your vehicle resulting from an incident. You will not be responsible for the costs but you will be required to pay the Customer Incident Charge as further explained below. The Own Damage Protection does not include routine maintenance (which is also explained in more detail below). The Own Damage Protection will not protect you against damage caused or resulting from driver abuse or neglect. If any damage is caused by the fault of a third party then the insurer will recover the costs directly from them.

What is an incident?

Incident means an event or accident involving the Total Care vehicle resulting in damage, loss or theft of the Total Care vehicle or damage to third party property or personal injury/ death of a third party.

I’ve had an accident, what do I do?

You must contact the lease company at the earliest opportunity and make sure that it is safe and legal to do so. Please call the driver support contact centre on 0870 600 4499 and select ‘report an accident’.

The Accident Management partner will record the relevant details and either get your vehicle recovered if it is immobile or allocate a repairer. Please see the process flow on the next page for more details.

What other services are provided under Arval Total Care?

Car Leasing provide a complete package of services. These include:

  • Contract Hire insured leased vehicle. This is a Contract Hire vehicle with third party insurance included in the lease
  • Own Damage Protection
  • Glass Damage Protection
  • Maintenance cover – for all your servicing and repairs on your vehicle
  • Breakdown cover – to fix your car or recover it and if necessary provide a replacement vehicle
  • Accident Management – management of your incident from start to finish.

Will I have to make any payments?

Yes. In the event of an incident where it is considered that you are “at fault”, you will be required to pay the Customer Incident Charge (CIC). The CIC varies depending on the number of “at fault” incidents for the vehicle.

Arval has an escalating CIC dependent on the number of “at fault” incidents incurred during the contract term. This is designed to be fair to you where you have a few incidents during the contract. However, it is necessary to levy a higher incident charge when there have been a high number of incidents during the contract term. The CIC is a contribution to the losses incurred by Arval as a result of the incident. If our loss is less than the CIC, then we will only charge you the loss.

The incidents only count towards the escalating CIC if the full CIC has been invoiced to you. If requested, you can elect to pay a reimbursement of our losses rather than the CIC. This is called a Customer Elected Payment or CEP. The CIC is only charged where you are considered to be at fault including where you have damaged your vehicle or caused damage to a third party. If an identified third party is at fault, monies will be recovered from them. The escalating CIC will apply to all “at fault” incidents unless you opt to pay for our losses as explained below. Once the 3rd at fault incident CIC occurs the same level of CIC will apply to future “at fault” incidents.

Is the fee for the Total Care Service fixed for the Contract Term?

Yes, your monthly rental will only change if we mutually agree a change (if applicable) or as a result of the finance company exercising its rights under the contract, for example if you travel materially more miles than agreed (and the vehicle is recontracted) or the vehicle is involved in a material number of incidents. In which case we will discuss your options with you.

What is Glass Protection?

Arval is responsible for the repairing and replacing body glass to your vehicle. You must report the damage to the finance company and the repair will be arranged. You will be required to pay a per incident charge which is fixed at £50 per incident where it is necessary to replace the glass. No CIC applies where the glass is repaired.

The glass CIC does not count towards the escalating CIC for incidents.

Am I entitled to a replacement vehicle when mine is off the road due to an accident?

If the repairer has a courtesy vehicle available, while your vehicle is being repaired then you can utilise this, subject to their conditions, and the insurance cover costs and / or any administration fee must be paid for directly to the repairer by you.

If you would like a separate rental vehicle, Car Leasing can assist in booking this and the cost of the vehicle including the collision damage waiver insurance provided by the rental company must be covered by you.

The rental agreement will be between you and the rental company. For your convenience we will invoice you for the costs or charges so that you do not need to set up an account directly with the rental company.

Am I entitled to a replacement vehicle when mine is off the road due to a mechanical failure / maintenance work?

f the repairer has a courtesy vehicle available, while your vehicle is being repaired, then you can utilise this subject to their conditions, and the insurance cover costs and / or any administration fee must be paid for directly to the repairer by yourself.

If you are broken down, and the vehicle is not repairable at the roadside, then the recovery agent can provide a rental vehicle for 48 hours to you as part of the breakdown scheme.

What happens if my vehicle is deemed a total loss as a result of an incident?

The lease will be terminated as soon as our assessors have confirmed the vehicle is not economic to repair. At this point, if you were considered to be “at fault”, Arval will invoice the Customer Incident Charge (CIC) due to you. Your liability for the monthly rental of the vehicle will cease at this point for any future rentals.

If there is a third party at fault, the insurer will seek to recover the costs from the third party’s insurers. If the losses are not recoverable due to any act or omission by you / your driver, then Arval will charge you the full outstanding written down value.

What happens if my vehicle is stolen?

You must notify the Police and then the finance company (quoting your crime reference number) within 24 hours. Arval’s Accident Management provider will monitor the progress directly with the police. After 21 days if the vehicle hasn’t been recovered, or has been recovered but has been deemed a total loss, then the vehicle lease will be terminated and your monthly rental liability will cease for any future rentals. At this point, the finance company will invoice the relevant Customer Incident Charge (CIC) to you.

If there has been an act, omission or negligence by you or your driver which contributed to, or resulted in the theft of the vehicle (e.g. if the keys are left in the car) then the termination costs will be borne by you. If at a later point the vehicle is recovered and sold or any monies are received, these will be credited back to you up to the value of the charge you received.

If the vehicle is deemed stolen and not recovered or a total loss, what other liabilities do I have other than the monthly rental?

The finance company could levy an excess mileage charge if the vehicle was running over its contract.

Early Termination

Should you wish to return the Contract Hire vehicle before the end of the contract, please contact the finance company and we will discuss the process, and financial implications. You will be liable to make a payment in accordance with your agreement.

What is included in the maintenance cover?

The finance company cover the costs of all routine work that is due to occur during the contract term (based on manufacturer guidelines). This will include servicing, maintenance, repairs, premium tyres*, batteries, breakdown cover, exhaust and any worn items.

The finance company has a Fair Play policy on tyres. This means that damaged tyres will be replaced inside the maintenance budget. Replacements in the event of abuse, neglect, theft or vandalism will be recharged.

The finance company’s maintenance scheme does not cover driver abuse items, damage or replacement as a result of neglect. These charges will be billed via a vehicle services invoice.

If you need servicing work or tyres, please contact the Driver Contact Centre on 0870 600 4499 and they will assist you with a local supplier.

What do I do if I want to take my vehicle overseas?

Please contact 0870 600 4499 at least 14 days in advance of travel and provide details of your travel destination and dates and details of drivers and any additional drivers. The finance company will provide you with a Vehicle on Hire certificate (VE103) to replace the registration document. This is a legal requirement. A standard fee of £15 plus VAT applies for this document. An insurance certificate confirming that the vehicle is insured to be taken out of the country for the period of travel will be provided to you.

If you already have a valid VE103 from a previous trip, you will still need to contact the finance company to get a new insurance certificate.

If you have been unreasonably delayed in your return and your insurance certificate is due to expire, you will need to contact Arval for permission to extend the cover, and a new insurance certificate will be issued. It will be your responsibility to print this document and retain it in the vehicle.

Are my personal belongings covered?

No, the policy cannot be extended to cover personal belongings.

Is personal injury covered?

No, personal injury cover for the driver is not included.

Are there any restrictions on who can drive the vehicle or have the product?

Yes. The eligibility criteria and restrictions are detailed in a schedule to your contract. It is important that you understand what this criteria is and that you comply with the criteria at all times as you could invalidate the insurance for the vehicle if you do not. Should these change or be updated at any time, a new copy will be sent out to you.



Please call us on 01483 891010

Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm. Out of office hours please .

01483 891010

Network Members BVRLA Members

Copyright © Car Leasing Ltd
Car Leasing and Next Vehicles is a trading style of Car Leasing Limited and the firm is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 654390. Car Leasing are a credit broker not a lender. VAT Registration No 745244042. ICO Registration Z746467X. Company Number 4017957. Car Leasing Ltd are a long standing member of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association No 1504. Registered address: Astra House, The Common, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU5 0HS

BVRLA Code of Conduct - TCF Policy - Disclosure Document - Complaints Procedure - Business Terms & Conditions

Our site uses Cookies. If you continue to use our site you consent to us using Cookies.